03 September 2014

Third Period

"By thinking of things you could understand them." -James Joyce

Peace Corps is only my second big life change and third attempt at creating new relationships and experiences in a new place. The first in Silsbee from birth to high school graduation (18 years), the second during a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Nacogdoches (6 years), and now Peace Corps service in Macedonia (foreseeable next 2 years). Each period shorter and more with intentional goals than the one before it.

The first period I took the relationships that were given to me within a small town and was blessed with true lifelong friends and a loving family with seemingly little effort on my part. The second period I found more difficult, requiring trial and error, but in the end finding friends that gave me wonderful memories and inspiration. I would love nothing more than to have another ten years with them. However, the standard is set that I move on when a period of education is completed.

When my time in Peace Corps ends it will repeat, hopefully with the same results.

I will miss my family and friends but excited for the new ones to come.

-Jarred





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog